The CGCA test is made up of 10 items, all of which the dog must pass in order to re-ceive the CGCA title. It is more advanced than the CGC test because it must be done in with more distractions. This test requires that your dog be a well-mannered member of society in a more distracting environment with more strange things to encounter. This test is also great preparation for Therapy dog training.
It must be completed in a buckle or slip collar made of leather, fabric, or chain or a non-restrictive body harness.
Items of the CGCA:
- Waiting while owner fills out paperwork or has a conversation
- Walking on a loose leash in a natural setting: left turn, right turn, stop, fast and slow pace
- Walking through a crowd
- Walking passed other dogs
- Sit/stay in a group
- Reaction to a stranger carrying something
- Leave it
- Sit/stay or down/stay while owner walks away, picks up an item, and returns
- Recall near a distraction
- Going through a doorway.
Scheduled group tests will be available to anybody for $25.